Platforms
Whose been murdered and slaughtered that you love?
Yes, murder IS sad. It happens everyday. I know for a fact the impact.
A blurb in the news,then you go back to your life spouting to friends,co-workers, and random conversations with people encountered along the way pondering the reason you think the particular murderer killed.
If you are directly impacted by murder and the tragedy of your own personal hell that has been choosen to be used by the media the chances it will be used to further some cause is high. Direct impact gives more validation to the cause. How could it not. I find it interesting how the larger media circus uses it to explain and question entitlement,misogyny and its relation to murder yet contributes to those very topics in some manner.
I am not shocked people murder( as sad as it seems). I also don't know the reason/s each individual murders.Myself Being closely related to a murderer/ victim of that murder and the acute-long term bullshit you have to deal with constantly, can give you insite to the coldness and brutality of humanity; The facade humans put on in public. When you are DIRECTLY( not some little fodder for your entertainment to give cool points when you show your social media friends how shallow and brutal you are! I mean like your fathers gut are blown apart, your mother is shipped off to prison with you in-utero and your family is ripped apart. That kinda direct impact.) impacted by a murder.
An act of murder creates complications on so many levels some of you would rather not believe ,I suppose. On a public level social media and other forms of media will spout like they have the answers.
After a small period of time one to one conversations will consist of one or more of the following: "moving on",questioning the motivation of why you'd want to reveal such a DEEPLY personal tragedy,asking if the victim "asked for it"(Why yes I am SURE my father wanted to be killed with a .22 rifle in front of his children. Fuck you),pitying you,be enthralled that you are so closely related to someone who has done such a taboo act,become a scapegoat for your family because YOU'RE the fucked-up one and not your family's inabilty to accept that you've also been impacted and its not just about their children not having a grandparent...forget you don't have a father! My bad).
Death is always at your door. People just need something grandiose unordinary to actually feel it. Reality is ugly. Reality is painful. Reality is the greatest teacher and in reality is brutality,seeing our true colors as well as others true colors when life slaps us in the face.
No comments:
Post a Comment