Gwar was playing at The Warfield. I was just barely with my son's father. We decided to go! Hell yes, Gwar! We took the Greyhound to SF.
We ended up on the bus the at the station getting dropped off in SF. We hooked up some sort of transportation to Market street to find a hotel, then walked a block or so to this hotel ( which wasn't scummy I had stayed there before in the early 90's.), thinking " Sure, We'll get a room! Nope! We don't have a credit card! Fuck! This means...going to the Tenderloin.
We walk up the street where I see shit literally on the ground. People selling drugs openly here and there. Hard drugs. I wasn't scared. At the time it seemed normal. My son's father and I walked up to a dilapated hotel. The only one who would let us rent a room..walked up to the front desk; a room is available cause we have the cash in hand. Exchanged.
Walking up the stairs we bump into this huge african american gangster drug dealer. Opening the door I notice a fucked-up looking bed, a sink and a window. Old orangey brown carpet with shitty patterned wall paper. There was NO toilet in the room OR shower. I lay down.We have sex and talk about Codeine. I might have been too loud! I hear a knock knock at the door. A loud voice tells us "I got codeine 2's,3's and 4's. Want some???".... It was the gangster drug dealer. Holy shit did he hear us fuck???
Then I notice cockroaches crawling up the walls..on the bed. Gross. Before walking to The Warfield I had to use the bathroom bad. I waited 20 minutes until I had to go desperately. The bathrooms were communial.Fucking Shit! My son's father walked to the lovely restroom for protection.I quickly straddled the toilet hoovering until I get terrified and book it like a bat out of hell. Out of the corner of my eye I see a transvestite hooker talking to my son's father. I'm safely in the room. He comes and tells me that the hooker told him " Honey if she don't want your money i'll take it!"
Moving on. I was all fancied up not realizing I probably did look like a hooker in tall patent leather boots,fishnets, boobs pushed up in a black dress, black eyeliner and red lips.
Gwar awaits. My son's father and I get to the Warfield and I vaguely remember one of Gwar's roadies talking to us. I have no clue what exactly. I think he was performing in the stage show chaos. The show was fun. I refused to get blood on my pretty face and clothes, So I stayed a litttle distance from the stage. My son's father came back covered in fake blood and semen.
We walked back to the Tenderloin Hotel intact admist gunshots in the background and the next morning I washed up in the sink, walked the streets soaking all the bizarreness that is the Tenderloin. True Love ha then the next year I was with child.

No comments:
Post a Comment